Welcome to our 10 authentic Texas-style recipes that save you money round-up!
Texas is known for its authentic rich culinary heritage, and there are many delicious and affordable recipes that can be made at home. This recipe roundup features 10 of our favorite Texas-style recipes, all of which are guaranteed to save you money.
So if you’re looking for a way to save money on home-cooked meals, be sure to give these recipes a try.
- Instant Pot Charro Beans: This tasty dish is wonderful and served with corn tortillas it makes a protein meal that is budget friendly. Charro beans, also called cowboy beans, or frijoles charros are a true Texas staple. Frijoles charros are named after Mexican cowboys known as charros or vaqueros who often ate stewed beans from the campfire when herding cattle.
- Mexican Street Tacos: Meet Tex Mex’s cousin the Mexican Street Taco, typically two smaller corn tortillas layered on top of each other which allows you to eat them with one hand if needed. These tacos are equally good with chicken, fish, or chorizo bean and chorizo potato fillings!
- Texas Tamale Soup: You could make homemade tamales but if you do not have time then this is the next best thing. This Texas Tamale Soup recipe is gluten-free. *GF to make this recipe gluten-free, check the labels of the canned ingredients.
- Easy Tex-Mex Beef Fajita Casserole: What is a fajita casserole? A creamy ground beef fajita casserole recipe is an easy-peasy, no-fuss alternative to traditional time-consuming fajitas. I recently decided to make an easy casserole fajita dish that could be prepared and cooked in less than an hour. Check it out!
- Mom’s Texas Skillet Cornbread: One of my all-time favorite gluten-free recipes is Mom’s Texas Skillet Cornbread. If you are looking for a delicious, easy-to-make cornbread then this recipe is sure to please! Nothing says comfort food like a slice of warm, homemade cornbread and it’s also a delicious and affordable option for a homecooked meal.
- Texas Steak Rice: Don’t let the name fool you! This versatile recipe goes well with just about any meat including chicken thighs and even beans making it a family meal money saver! Our copycat recipe of steak rice is served in one of our most popular Texas Steak restaurants.
- Easy Crock Pot Ranch beans: Ranch beans are a type of bean dish that is popular in Texas and the southwestern United States. Ranch beans are a Western-style dish that evolved from the early cattle drives to feed the trail hands. These western ranch-style beans became a consumer staple in the form of a canned bean product in 1934. You will love our version of this iconic Texas dish. Our version is also gluten-free.
- BBQ Potato Salad: This potato salad for BBQ is the perfect easy, gluten-free, smashed potato salad recipe to pair with your favorite BBQ meat. This Texas-style BBQ potato salad is a great side dish and when paired with ranch-style beans and your favorite meat you have a complete meal any Texan would be proud of.
- Easy Cowboy Soup: This cowboy soup recipe provides a hearty, satisfying meal. This easy soup is both affordable and provides the nutrition your family needs. The entire family will love this comfort food. A Texas cowboy soup has always been a staple dish in our household. This easy version makes a great impromptu lunch or dinner. You cannot go wrong with this delicious, tasty, and nutritious soup.
- Texas Sheet Cake | Ultimate Recipe: Make any day of the week or make it a Texas Christmas for the holidays. This recipe is gluten-free and I really think this gluten-free version is even better than the original Texas sheet cake recipe. Top it with the icing and pecans if desired or sprinkle with white confectioners’ sugar, it is wonderful either way!
In Conclusion, 10 Authentic Texas-Style Recipes That Save You Money
In conclusion, these 10 authentic Texas-style recipes that save you money are just a few of the many delicious and authentic Texas-style recipes that can be made at home, without sacrificing taste or nutrition. So next time you’re looking for a way to save money on home cooked meals, be sure to give these recipes a try.
Visit us often for more Texas-style recipes like these!
Read about how to make Backyard Brisket Texas-Style here.
Want to share your recipes? Go here.
Austin Texas barbecue barbeque bbq bowl of red cheapest cities in texas cheapest place to live in texas cities in texas cost of living in texas cost of living texas cost to live in texas foods from Texas Foods in Texas google texas county google texas news google texas roadhouse google texas weather life in texas lifestyle in Texas live in Texas living cost texas living in Texas living texas move in texas moving to texas Space X Texas texas a good place to live Texas Chili texas cost of living texas culture texas food Texas jobs Texas Life Texas Lifestyle Texas life style Texas Lifestyle influencer texas live Texas living texas living cost texas move Texas pros and cons texmex Tex Mex what is texas like
Texas has a rich and diverse culinary heritage, influenced by its many cultures and ethnic groups. Some of the most popular Texas heritage recipes include barbecue, Kolaches, ranch style beans, chili, chicken fried steak, Dr. Pepper, skillet cornbread, tacos, pecan pie, and Texas sheet cake.